VP of Revenue Cycle – Richmond, VA
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer / Chief Administrative Officer and operates as a key member of the Finance Leadership team, coordinating closely with, but not limited to: Finance Leads for Community Memorial Hospital, Children’s Hospital, VCU Medical Center and MCV Physicians; Sr. Associate Dean for Finance and Administration / Executive Director for MCVP; VP Ambulatory Operations and VP Managed Care.
The primary focus is to oversee and orchestrate all phases of the VCUHS revenue cycle, integrating VCUHS’s technical and professional revenue cycles and all subsidiaries, including the VCU Medical Center and related Clinics, Children’s Hospital at Brook Road, VCU Community Memorial Hospital and MCVP.
This position is accountable for leading the development and execution of strategic and operational plans for revenue cycle services that align with VCUHS’s business, service, safety and quality objectives. At the same time, provides management oversight of all personnel and functions of the entire revenue cycle enterprise.
The revenue cycle enterprise encompasses the following areas/departments: Patient Access Functions (Scheduling, Registration and Pre-Service Financial Clearance), Health Information Management, Coding and Documentation, Charge Description Master, Revenue Integrity and Business Office functions for all VCU Health System Authority owned, managed and affiliated entities.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience in healthcare finance management and knowledge of the revenue cycle in a healthcare setting are required.
- Strong analytical, communication and organization skills; documented ability to facilitate consensus among diverse constituents; and the ability to work effectively with other executives to achieve business objectives are required.
- Strong business skills, including strategic planning, executive presentation skills and business financial acumen.
- Proven knowledge of all revenue cycle functions as well as all Federal and State laws pertaining to the billing and collection for hospital and physician (both technical and professional) services.
- Strong accounting knowledge, auditing methods and financial systems management skills are required.
- Prior experience leading teams to improve processes around all revenue cycle functions to include central scheduling, registration, charge capture, coding and denial management.
- Strong technical financial skills and acumen. Must be information technology savvy, including EMR.
Lean Six-Sigma concept knowledge; familiarity with performance improvement processes and change management concepts.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels and departments effectively on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
- Experience in report generation, data collection systems and analysis techniques. Excellent analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Experience recruiting, developing and motivating teams.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications and a track record of successful compliance with all state, federal and regulatory requirements.
Experience with Epic preferred.
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for Hire:
HFMA or MGMA certifications preferred
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Requirements for continued employment:
HFMA or MGMA certifications preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or a related field.
Master’s Degree in business (i.e. M.B.A.).
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please complete an online application:
Should you be selected for further review you will receive a request to complete an additional step in the leaderhip application process.