University of Virginia Medical Center
Provides staff supervision and collaborates with various levels of leadership in a defined work area, such as Pre-Arrival Unit (PAU) Insurance Verification, PAU Preauthorization and Certification Department (PCAD), and PAU Concierge services. Will be responsible for all aspects of Revenue Cycle Pre-Arrival Services. The PAU Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the following positions: PAU Insurance Verification Specialist, PAU Insurance Verification Senior, PAU Insurance Verification Coordinator, PAU Coordinator, PCAD Coordinator, PAU Coordinator Senior and PCAD Registered Nurses. The supervisor will be responsible for the first line of direction, process management, production of work and process flow, documentation of quality and productivity, time and labor management, employee engagement activities and training and mentoring staff as needed. The supervisor will provide statistical reporting to support analytics and decision-making processes as they pertain to all functions of the PAU. Provides audit and denial management with root cause analysis and process improvement. The supervisor will maintain and foster customer relations to support revenue cycle operations, clinical partnerships and overall patient satisfaction. The supervisor will develop and implement departmental policies and procedures in conjunction with Revenue Cycle management. Troubleshoots and reconciles Revenue Cycle processes and issues as needed. Completes special projects to meet and support Revenue Cycle goals and operations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides day-to-day supervision of assigned staff.
- Promotes and maintains a positive and professional work environment.
- Maintains inventory and manages use of supplies and resources.
- Investigates, documents and resolves problems and complaints.
- Performs technical/clinical responsibilities in assigned work area.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self, and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
Primary Location: Albemarle County-Charlottesville
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience: 2 years of relevant experience required. Supervisory experience preferred.
- License/Certification: CHAM or other NAHAM/AAHAM manager-level certification preferred. May require a valid Virginia driver’s license.
• Experience in finance, cash collections, accounting/auditing or training.
• Knowledge of patient billing, general finance or 3rd party payor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pay Range: $47,486.40 – $69,388.80
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To Apply: https://uvahealth.taleo.net/careersection/1/jobdetail.ftl?job=31560&tz=GMT-04%3A00