Save the Date & Call for Speakers – 2022 Spring Education Conference
Save the Date! Planning is underway for our Virginia-Washington DC HFMA Education Conference at the Hilton Richmond Short Pump Hotel & Spa scheduled for March 16-18, 2022.
Call for Speakers
We need your expertise and invite submission of education content. Consider a proposal to share your knowledge or encourage one of your colleagues. Topics of interest are listed below.
The following deadlines will support earlier publication of our program agenda, improve member engagement and provide clarity as you contribute your proposals. Submit a Call for Speakers Form today!
- December 31, 2021 – Complete Call for Speakers (CFS) proposal
- January 10, 2022 – Preliminary materials due. In no way do these have to represent final detail, but only serve for our committee to evaluate content as meaningful for members. Send draft PowerPoint slides or .pdf of proposed content to firstname.lastname@example.org. May be submitted when completing the CFS form.
- January 17, 2022 – Selected speakers notified.
- January 24, 2022 – Biographies, final Session Abstract and Learning Objectives due from selected speakers.
- February 1, 2022 – Speakers complete event registration (complimentary) and book hotel within group block (provider-employed speakers receive 1 complimentary night stay transferred from your reservation).
- February 18, 2022– Final materials due.
Proposals including provider-based presenters are given priority. When including case study examples, consider inviting provider to participate as a co-presenter.
Topics of Interest
- Regulatory / Cost reporting updates
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Finance
- Digital health strategies and innovation
- Revenue Cycle Efficiency Improvement Strategies
- Health Plan/Provider Contracting, Coordination, and Efficiency Strategies
- Physician Alignment/Integration and/or Joint Ventures and Financial Performance
- Population Health and Alternative payment models (ACOs, etc.)
- Managed Care Contracting Tools and Techniques
- Intro to Healthcare Finance and Early-Careerist Topics
- General Accounting Updates
- Implementation of Accounting/Financial Forecasting/Long-range Planning Management Tools