Patient Financial Associates, Registration & Imaging Services, Full Time, Days
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
With a 609-licensed-bed hospital, 1100 physicians and 4500 employees, MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is one of the largest healthcare delivery networks in the Washington, D.C., area. We offer some of the most sophisticated treatments and technologies available, as well as the expertise of nationally respected physicians. We have excellent opportunities for Patient Financial Associates to join our team.
Provides assistance in supporting all the functions and activities related to patient access in the department including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, accurate patient registration in the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing systems, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and interfacing with healthcare team.
- Three years of experience in a medical/clinical office required.
- Fluency in medical terminology required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as good telephone etiquette.
- High level of competence in customer relations in a professional environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize work and be self-directed.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in stressful situations.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Experience with computerized registration systems and supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business and SMS/Invision preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
High school graduate.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits.
- Superb educational opportunities plus tuition assistance.
- Wellness programs.
- Free shuttle from Metro stations.
Location, location, location!
Located in Washington, D.C., MedStar Georgetown University Hospital offers an exciting lifestyle to complement a satisfying career. The D.C. metro area is famous for its education and cultural venues in theater, music, museums, art galleries, and restaurants. Employees live in D.C., Maryland or Virginia, affording great choices in lifestyle just Metro stops away from the hospital.
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital Associates live by Our Common Purpose: We Create Caring Moments in the Spirit of Cura Personalis – Care for the Whole Person. Our Quality Standards of Safety, Compassion, Professionalism and Coordinated Care set the priorities for consistent decision making applicable to everyone in every situation.
Equal opportunity employer.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/177067/ for Registration department position
http://www.medstargeorgetown.jobs/jobs/186351/ for Imaging Services department position.