Manager of Reimbursement
Virginia Hospital Center
Manager of Reimbursement
Virginia Hospital Center is dedicated to being the best health system possible. In order to accomplish our goals, we provide our team with the tools and resources needed to succeed in our organization. As our hospital continues to rapidly expand, we are currently looking to add a Manager of Reimbursement to our team!
The Reimbursement Manager is the Medicare/Medicaid subject matter expert for the Health System and is responsible for all cost reporting functions, preparation of monthly financial close entries related to contractual allowances, bad debt and charity care and other reimbursement-related activities.
Join our team and unlock your potential!
Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering high quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 75 years. VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations), a designated Level II Trauma Center and a recognized Magnet Hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. VHC is a 453-bed hospital that strives to provide continued excellence for our employees and patients.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of the Hospital’s Medicare and Medicaid cost reports, including management of outside consultants, preparation of supporting documentation and responses to questions/issues arising from audits performed by Fiscal Intermediaries. Utilizes appeal process to litigate Medicare payment disputes arising from Intermediary’s or CMS’ application of Medicare regulations.
- Monitors, researches and interprets Medicare/Medicaid regulations to determine impact on Hospital and affiliated entities. Reviews and provides guidance regarding Medicare denials, reimbursement issues, Medicaid Expansion, Uncompensated Care, DSH, GME/IME and other government programs. Identifies opportunities for enhancing existing Hospital revenues through government programs (i.e. – DSH, 340b, et cetera). Ensures that the Corporation complies with Federal and State reimbursement methodologies.
- Maintains provider enrollments for Hospital and Exempt Units.
- Serves as administrator of CMS and related sites and oversees all required reporting to government agencies.
- Responsible for the computation of third-party contractual allowances and settlements for financial statement preparation during the month-end and year-end close processes.
- Participates in annual operating budget process by reviewing and recommending changes to department charge budgets, development of deductions from revenue budgets (contractual allowance, bad debt and charity care) and assisting as requested in development of department-level budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. Master’s Degree in Finance preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reporting required.
- 5+ years of experience in Revenue Cycle in Healthcare Environment required.
- Demonstrated Leadership Ability required.