Manager Cost Accounting – Fiscal Services
New Hanover Regional Medical Center – Wilmington, NC
The Cost Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the cost accounting process and ensuring timely and accurate costing and profitability reporting across the health system. This individual will oversee the optimization and on-going maintenance of the cost accounting system (Strata Decision Support) by working directly with the vendor to develop enhancements and process improvements.
Additional duties include:
• Manages monthly processing of Cost Accounting for the health system.
• Works to create a system-wide approach to Cost Accounting.
• Ensures monthly close data is processed timely and financial data is reconciled.
• Reviews monthly Cost Accounting and Service Line reports to ensure accuracy and works with the Enterprise Analytics team to address any data integrity issues.
• Works with Financial Planning and Analysis and Reimbursement teams to assist with the development of strategic business plans and service line profitability modeling
• Develop Ad-hoc reports to assist operations and leadership to effectively manage their respective service lines based on a variety of criteria for use in daily/monthly operations.
• Proactively engages with costing system vendor (Strata Decision Technology) to ensure best practices are utilized to provide transparent, timely and accurate costing data throughout the health system.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field. Master’s degree in Business or related field preferred
• 5+ years of accounting experience with emphasis on cost or statistical analysis
• Hospital accounting experience required
• Proficient experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Access, Crystal Report Writer, EPIC, Data Warehouses and Decision Support Systems preferred
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
• Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
• Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,900 employees
Leading Our Community to Outstanding Health
Join Our Talented Team Today!
Direct Apply: https://goo.gl/NUAQEz
EOE – NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity