Health Communications Specialist
The Leading Niche
The Leading Niche is seeking a smart and energetic contractor to support one of the nation’s leading health care protection agencies. The ideal candidate will have a background in communications with a strong emphasis on writing and journalism. The candidate will be responsible for specific targeted communication/education campaigns for the organization. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as they will meet with different Subject Matter Experts (SME) to collaborate and create campaigns for the organization.
Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
Develop Communication Strategies:
• Identify audiences and participate in and implement formal and informal research plans related to immunization communication/education campaigns and perform tasks related to campaigns
• Develop tweets for Social Media channels such as Twitter
• Collaborate with SME (Subject Matter Experts) and other team members to create campaigns (web team, education team, etc.)
• Collect and assemble data related to the evaluation of campaigns or other activities/strategies.
• Analyze, develop, and present innovative approaches to developing communication strategies to reach and engage healthcare and public health professionals to increase vaccination and improve vaccine safety.
• Analyze health care provider audiences; segments and profiles audiences; develop or test strategies and messages for different audiences; manage and integrate multiple communication channels (including partners and the media); and oversee the development, coordination, and maintenance of partnerships
• Develop and implement strategic planning and evaluation of communication and marketing activities
• Plan and implement observances aimed at increasing awareness of the importance of vaccines
Provide Writing and Editing Support
• Write, edit and collaborate with graphic artists, audio/visual producers, and/or new media designers to produce and disseminate a range of materials potentially including Q&A’s fact sheets, matte articles, press releases, text for internet/new media.
• Review and edit reports such as manuals, annual reports, briefing books, and operating procedures (condensing material)
B.A. in Communication or Marketing
Background in journalism or writing is a plus
Experience in the Public Health sector is a plus
Background in web writing or web development is a plus
Must have strong PC skills
Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with Sharepoint is a plus
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Contact Us: email@example.com