Director of Revenue Cycle Management
Virginia Eye Institute
The Virginia Eye Institute is hiring! VEI is a large and dynamic practice of ophthalmologists and optometrists in the Richmond, VA area, including eight locations and an ambulatory surgery center. We are searching for a Director of Revenue Cycle Management. We are seeking candidates with passion and dedication. If this sounds like you, keep reading!!
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management Participate and lead activities that foster an inclusive work environment. This is a leadership position which requires the ability to effectively develop others and have an understanding/appreciation for creating and supporting diverse teams. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and will have a Revenue Cycle Managers and other Revenue Cycle staff as direct reports in a multi-site, Ophthalmology practice.
- Assures the integrity and stability of revenue and billing data and provides direction for complex business decision making for operations.
- Identifies, establishes and implements internal controls to ensure a compliant environment.
- Provides leadership in a team environment, teams functional and technical activities and changes.
- Provides direction and interprets revenue cycle key performance indicators with significant institutional impact.
- Is recognized and relied upon to synthesize various subject matter expert inputs to formulate solutions and implement change for multi-disciplinary or complex technical issues.
- Coordinates the development of programs and processes for Revenue Cycle operational areas.
- Interprets and implements billing rules, regulatory compliance, policies and regulations.
- Stays abreast of emerging issues and risks and plans accordingly. Identify strategies that lead to improved financial performance and follow through on their implementation while preserving VEI standards and minimizing the financial and legal risks.
- Directs managers, reviews and interprets results of variable-sensitive business models and/or compliance or business operations.
- Participates in establishing an environment that leads to efficient Revenue Cycle operations and adheres to complicated and ambiguous billing rules and regulations (all payers).
- Responsible for recruitment, development and performance management within areas of responsibility, translating the departmental vision into meaningful and effective results.
- Spearheads change and leads others in implementation.
- Promotes effective change management practices. Initiates, leads and facilitates institutional workgroups or complex projects.
- Manages and prioritizes limited resources across multi-disciplinary, multi-site teams to maximize efficiency.
- Participates in establishing the strategic direction of work teams or service lines incorporating an awareness of the internal and external environment.
- Handles ambiguous situations in a productive and professional manner and leads others through such situations successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related degree or medical billing / coding certification required; MBA or Masters Healthcare Administration preferred.
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in professional fee billing and reimbursements in a healthcare environment.
- Minimum of five (5) years people management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively and effectively address billing adversities with billing staff, insurance carriers, and internal departments.
- Knowledge of outpatient coding, billing, and reimbursement of insurance as well at third-party billing.
- Proficiency with Windows-based software applications (i.e. Word, Excel), Executive Level required
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors, physicians, management, associates, and co-workers.
- Ability maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
MBA or Masters Healthcare Administration or related degree
eClinicalWorks EMR experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or other related degree or medical billing / coding certification required; MBA or Masters Healthcare Administration or related degree preferred
VEI offers competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include health insurance (medical and dental) plus a VEI vision benefit, Life and Disability insurance plans, 401(K) with a 100%, paid time off, and an annual bonus program.
Instructions for Resume Submission: