Director of Labor Performance Improvement
Bon Secours Mercy Health
Director of Labor Performance Improvement | Work From Home
WFH position with 60-75% travel and, as such, can be based out of:
- Cincinnati, OH
- Richmond, VA
- Toledo, OH
This position will function as an internal consultant to facility leadership and directors/managers on standardization using work optimization principles in key, high-stake departments. Focus aligned on ministry-wide standardization improving operational efficiencies and effectiveness that promotes quality patient care. This position will utilize Lean/Six Sigma principles to improve labor efficiencies.
Identifies department/unit improvement opportunity initiatives in key, high-stake departments, obtains facility leadership support, and establishes and communicates metrics and milestones
Requires extensive travel.
Coordinates data collection, analysis, and assessment through workflow observations and system reporting; prepares documents, including workflow and process flows diagrams.
Evaluates processes and recommends process improvements that are cost effective and maximize efficiency and productivity.
Presents findings and recommendations to support leadership decision making.
Develops effective and trusting working relationships with all levels of staff including but not limited to front line staff, administrators, and clinical leaders
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in process improvement operations management in healthcare
- Minimum of 5 years (7-10 years preferred), experience in a hospital setting
- Project management experience that directly and/or indirectly impact clinical workflows
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer software tools (spreadsheet, word processing, presentation)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written
- Effective organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven track record of delivering measurable results
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team
- Lean Certification (or must be able to obtain certification within one year)
- Proficient in the use of statistical software packages, modeling, and simulation software (LaborLytics preferred)
- Certification and/or working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma methodologies
This role can have an education focus on RN, Ancillary, or Support with our primary preference being that of Ancillary or Support.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
MBA or Master’s Degree
Bachelor’s Degree in PT/RT/Radiology
MBA or Master’s Degree
Ancillary specialty certification
MBA or MHA