Cape Fear Valley Health System- Harnett Health
Westmont Search been retained by the Cape Fear Valley Health System located in Fayetteville, North Carolina to find a new Director of Finance for Harnett Health in Dunn, North Carolina. Cape Fear Valley is a 942-bed, 8-hospital regional health system, the 8th largest in North Carolina, with more than 1 million inpatient and outpatients annually. A private not-for-profit organization with 7,000 employees and 850 physicians, it includes Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, Highsmith-Rainey Specialty Hospital, Cape Fear Valley Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Care, Bladen County Hospital, Hoke Hospital, Health Pavilion North, Health Pavilion Hoke and Harnett Health.
Harnett Health is committed to providing quality healthcare to the residents of Harnett County and surrounding communities. They are a private, not-for-profit healthcare organization based in Harnett County, N.C. The healthcare system encompasses a network of facilities throughout Harnett county and surrounding communities and has more than 250 credentialed providers. Harnett Health includes two hospitals, Betsy Johnson Hospital in Dunn (101 inpatient beds) and a new hospital , Central Harnett Hospital in Lillington (50 private rooms). Harnett Health also has primary care physician practices in Angier, Coats, Dunn, and Lillington as well as OB/GYN and pediatric practices in Dunn. Their outpatient centers include Lillington Rehabilitation (Lillington, NC), Benson Rehab/Wellness Center (Benson, NC), Wound Care Center (Dunn, NC), Breast Cancer Center (Dunn, NC), Outpatient Cardiac Testing (Dunn, NC), and Cardiac Rehabilitation (Dunn, NC).
This position assists in the management of the various financial affairs of Harnett Health to include directing the accounting, payroll, and accounts payable and budgetary functions. Responsible for the preparation of financial statements and reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the major essential functions of this job. The incumbent may perform other duties, both major and minor, that are not mentioned below, and specific functions may change from time to time.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate functions and activities in accounting, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Select, train, and assign department staff. Develop standards of performance, evaluate performance, and initiate or make recommendations for personnel actions.
- Responsible for the preparation of accurate financial statements and associated trend and analyzation files on a monthly basis.
- Presents monthly financial statements to Director of Finance.
- Responsible for monitoring and managing General Ledger.
- Responsible for managing the cash and capital expenditure needs.
- Prepare various analyses of income, expenditures, and capital asset values with comparisons to budget and previous periods, as needed. Make recommendations concerning methods of reducing operating costs and increasing income.
- Establish and maintain accounting systems and internal control systems to help ensure accurate financial reporting and to safeguard assets.
- Monitor accounts receivable reserves, contractual write offs and bad debt expense. Calculate and analyze monthly reserves for reasonableness and financial reporting purposes.
- Monitor non-patient accounting income such as rental income, loan repayments and restricted contributions.
- Ensure that cash expenditures follow hospital policy.
- Develop the fiscal year budget for in conjunction with department directors and Administration.
- Develop and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Work with the independent CPA firm to complete the annual audit of financial statements.
- Work with independent auditors for Medicare and Medicaid cost reports as well as governmental agencies for grants received.
- Assist in preparation of annual cost reports and physician practices in conjunction with CFVHS’s
- Reimbursement Department and outside consultants.
- Review and monitor daily charge capture for all inpatient patient accounts at
- Direct corrections to patient charges as necessary and process final billings to reduce late charges and ensure the integrity of the revenue cycle.
- Assist in preparation of grant application submissions to various entities in conjunction with CFV’s grant writer.
- Direct and manage month end and year end close process to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
Key Job Requirements:
The following qualifications or equivalents are the minimum requirements necessary to perform the essential functions of this job:
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college or university with a major in accounting. A Certified Public Accountant license is required.
Professional and Industry Activity:
Required is a minimum of 5-year experience in Accounting, Auditing, or Finance in a hospital or healthcare setting; and/or 5 years or more of public accounting practice, servicing one or more healthcare clients.
A Master’s Degree is preferred.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com or visit http://jobs.westmontsearch.com/jobseeker/Director_of_Finance_J02498046.aspx