Claim Denial Specialist- Remote FT or PT
Claim Denial Specialist- Per Diem
We are currently hiring AAPC or AHIMA credentialed Claim Denial Specialists with at least 2-3 years’ experience in addition to any formal training. If you are a successful medical coding or auditing professional that will bring a wealth of experience to our team, apply today to take advantage of our flexible remote coding career opportunities.
Whether you are wanting more work-life balance or just wanting to fall in love with your job again, connect with us today to learn more about our inspiring career opportunities.
This position is responsible for resolving claim edits and rejections related to coding in the Athena System. These types of denials and rejections will contain NCCI, OCE, Medical Necessity LDC/NCD and diagnosis code rejections. Responsibilities will include assigning codes and modifiers with ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II Codes. Ability to read and interpret an Explanation of Benefits (EOB); and light rev cycle experience is helpful. The position is multispecialty Pro Fee and Rural HealthClinic(RHC) coding. Charges will include E/M and Ancillary procedures as well as surgical coding. The coder should be familiar with the 2021 outpatient office visit coding changes; as well as teaching facility and midlevel coding guidelines. Scheduling is semi flexible after training. We ask you tell us which days you will work and how many hours you will work those days. You may work those hours at any time of the day, and it does not need to be the same time every day.
- AAPC – CPC, or AHIMA – CCS certification
- ICD-10 experience (or course completion)
- Minimum two years experience working facility coding related claim edits and denials
- Comfortable using technology to perform responsibilities in a remote environment (computer, Internet, MS Office and VPN skills)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Experience working with Athena is preferred
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with a Windows 10 Professional Based Operating System (MAC is not compatible) and dual monitors.
This is a work-from-home opportunity.