Chief Financial Officer
Grant Memorial Hospital
Grant Memorial Hospital in Petersburg, West Virginia has partnered with WittKieffer in the search for its next Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Grant Memorial Hospital is a not-for-profit critical access facility serving the valley of Potomac Highlands. This key leader is responsible for leading all financial services across the organization. This will include directing and maintaining general accounting, patient financial services, payroll, patient access, materials management, and HIM. An additional amount of financial focus will be on the Medicare cost reports and ensuring reimbursements are accurate. Reporting to the CEO, the CFO will lead financial analysis and reporting, financial policy and control, accounting and compliance, training and development, operational initiatives, and acquisitions and divestitures. Grant Memorial enjoys a solid payer mix and continues to look at opportunities to bolster its service offerings. Construction of a new oncology infusion center started in January and is slated to open later this fall.
Petersburg has small-town appeal and a strong sense of community. Beautiful scenery, affordable housing, low crime and a business-friendly environment make this an attractive place to live, work and play. Whether you seek thrilling outdoor adventure or simply wish to relax in the tranquility of a country setting, you’ll find an abundance of recreational opportunities in this region of West Virginia, where warm hospitality and a friendly, welcoming environment await. Located about 3 hours to the west of Washington, D.C., Petersburg is a popular destination for weekend getaways, hosting visitors from the Washington D.C. region, Baltimore and Northern Virginia.
Education/Certification/ Work Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field is required.
- Designation as a Certified Public Account or Fellow of the Healthcare Financial Management Association is preferred.
- Seven years of experience in accounting or finance and at least three years of successful financial management experience is required.
- Experience within a hospital/health system, Physician Group Practice, or CPA firm. Individuals with rural healthcare and/or critical access hospital experience are preferred.
- Experience in cost accounting and developing and executing budgets.
- Experience with revenue cycle operations and management as well as billing and coding.
- Solid understanding of the Medicare cost report is essential.
- Expert knowledge of general ledger, accounts receivable, payroll, and tax.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please direct all applications, nominations and inquiries to Sarah Williams, by using the WittKieffer Candidate Portal or by e-mail to: GrantMemorialHospitalCFO@wittkieffer.com