Chief Administrative Officer
Jefferson Surgical Clinic
Multi-Specialty Physician-Owned Medical Practice
Jefferson Surgical Clinic (JSC) is located in Roanoke, Virginia Roanoke is situated in a valley between the Blue Ridge and Appalachian Mountains – the promise of outdoor activities is all around!
About the Practice
Since the doors first opened in 1956, JSC has grown and continues to implement leading-edge technology in every area of the practice. Currently, our specialty areas include Vascular Surgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, and ENT. Our accomplished physicians are matched with state-of-the-art facilities, innovative treatment options, and a staff committed to providing exceptional service.
JSC has four office locations in Roanoke and Salem with 11 surgeons and advanced care providers. It is a busy practice with established relationships in the regional healthcare industry. JSC’s medical management software includes Aprima (EHR), CBIZ EMS, and Peachtree Accounting.
Plans, directs, and coordinates all aspects of medical and support services, including day-to-day clinical operations, strategic planning, financial oversight, facilities management, IT support, physician recruitment, provider compensation, and regulatory compliance. Reports to the Board of Directors, comprised of all Shareholder Physicians.
- Build upon the collaborative efforts of providers, leadership, and staff to continually improve the patient experience and quality care.
- Responsible for the overall direction and coordination of operations for Nursing, Reception, Scheduling, Revenue Cycle, and the practice’s Vascular Lab and Interventional Center.
- Responsible for the practice’s accounting, human resources, marketing, recruitment, regulatory compliance, information technology, facilities, quality and other administrative functions.
- Carry out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Promote JSC services in the region through enhancing and maintaining strong relationships with area hospitals.
- Communicate key JSC messaging with staff, providers, partners, the healthcare community, and the region in general.
- Bachelor’s degree with an accounting or finance concentration
- Master’s degree in health administration or business preferred
- Relevant experience in the healthcare industry
- Market-based salary with potential for performance bonus
- Health, life, vision, and dental Insurance
- Four weeks of annual vacation
- Continuing education reimbursement
- 401K plan
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please send all resumes to email@example.com.