CFO- Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Providence St. Joseph Health, Northern California is an integrated delivery network of hospitals, numerous outpatient facilities, affiliated physicians, home and community care, and more. Hospitals include Queen of the Valley Medical Center (Napa County), St. Joseph Hospital and Redwood Memorial Hospital (Humboldt County), and Petaluma Valley Hospital and Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital (Sonoma County). These five hospitals work collaboratively with one another, as well as numerous outpatient facilities, affiliated physicians, and St. Joseph Health Medical Group providers, to ensure patients receive the highest level of care, close to home.
The Ministry CFO, Queen of the Valley Medical Center will:
• Carry out the mission, vision and values of Providence St. Joseph Health
• Provide leadership to ensure achievement of services area operating results and strategies as delegated by the Regional CFO and Service Area CEO.
• Work with the service area leadership teams to solve problems and implement strategies or tactics that improve the financial performance of the service area.
• Drive the details and strategy for service area budgets.
• Manage to appropriate financial benchmarks and reporting indicators for the budgets.
• Assist the service area CEO with monthly operating reviews.
• Serve on joint venture boards or committees as delegated by regional leadership.
• Be accountable for working closely with shared services partners in revenue cycle (local revenue leadership committees), system accounting and reimbursement on monthly financial reporting, resource engineering and hospitality on supply and other performance improvement projects.
• Serve as the finance liaison on local or geographic boards and committees as appropriate; communicate to core leaders and employees regularly on financial related items. Oversee and assist the regional CFO with managing relationships with key shared services partners such as Revenue Cycle, Real Estate and Facilities (RECF), Resources Engineering and Hospitality (REH), and System Accounting and Finance. Oversee and Assist the regional CFO with managing relationships with key shared services partners such as Revenue Cycle, Real Estate and Facilities (RECF), Resources Engineering and Hospitality (REH), and System Accounting and.
• Signature authority on appropriate documents and in concert with state and/or federal organizations to bind PSJH in accordance with the system authority matrix.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance; or related field.
• 12 years of Finance experience.
• 10 years in a leadership role.
• Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
• Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of financial principles and practices and the ability to apply them effectively.
• Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; live, via online or virtual mediums.
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
• Effective conflict management skills.
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution.
• Broad knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes taking place in health care.
• Ability to represent the company with external customers/clients.
• Demonstrated high level of accuracy, even under pressure.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze performance measures and metrics.
Instructions for Resume Submission: