Business Office Manager
Virginia Physicians for Women
Virginia Physicians For Women (VPFW), located in Richmond, VA, is looking for a Business Office Manager to oversee all functions of the revenue cycle including coding, billing and collections. This position would manage a team of 12 direct reports.
- Manages the Business Office, providing guidance and oversight of all billing and revenue cycle functions to maximize cash flow.
- Responsible for directing workflow to utilize resources efficiently.
- Acts as a leader and resource to the billing team and resolves any department issues.
- Identifies opportunities for revenue cycle improvements and leads initiatives maximizing the revenue
- Monitors and prepares monthly Business Office performance metrics
- Evaluates employee performance, completing scheduled reviews and working with Human Resources to resolve any disciplinary issues.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term vendor relationships.
- Extensive knowledge of medical business office procedure and accounting principles.
- Strong leadership skills to serve as a role model, coach and facilitator.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to understand complex metrics.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to collaborate with physicians, staff and management.
- Ability to assess and monitor financial and operational performance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Demonstrate good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instruction and seek guidance as needed.
- Perform work within appropriate time frame, accurately and in a timely manner in periods of increased work load and high stress.
- Extensive medical business office experience
- 3+ years management experience
- CPC Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resumes to email@example.com