Business Office Manager
Radiology Practice in Richmond, Virginia
The Business Office Manager oversees the day-to-day activities within the business office to achieve the business and financial goals of the organization. Business Office responsibilities include patient billing and collection, third-party payer relations and preparation/submission of insurance claims.
- Oversee the medical billing of procedures generated by 30+ radiologists in five area hospitals and affiliated imaging centers, medical centers, and other local area contracts.
- Recruits, orients, evaluates, and monitors on-the-job performance of business office employees. Provides counsel, and discipline for business office employees.
- Promote an environment that encourages optimal efficiency and staff retention.
- Provide staff supervision, motivation, direction, and development to ensure optimal productivity.
- Ensures organization is meeting established goals by reviewing daily, weekly, and monthly statistical reports, billing policies and procedures (e.g., charges, procedures, revenue, claims, collections, productivity, AR days)
- Performs end of month reconciliation
- Trains staff in business office policy changes.
- Manages the business office in compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Maintains patient and practice confidentiality as outlined in HIPAA guidelines.
- Oversees the Supervision of the Business Office Teams
- Ensures daily business office activities such as bank deposits, insurance claims and payments are timely and accurate.
- Reviews monthly reports with the Supervisor of each Business Office Team; Develops goals and strategies based on reporting data
- Ensures claims are filed timely with third-party payers and cash flow is monitored and reported appropriately
- Ensures monthly reporting to Controller and COO
- Works with Coding Supervisor to institute correct coding procedures; to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Stays current on Medicare and Medicaid regulations
- Stays current on policies and procedures for commercial payers and products
- Communicates and maintains working relationships with insurance representatives, collection agency, physicians, and team supervisors.
- Interacts and communicates with radiologists (statistical, audit assessment and reporting)
- Evaluates and employs, as appropriate, the latest trends in technology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the business office
- Participates in professional development activities to keep current with medical billing trends and practices.
- Assists with oversight, upgrade and repair of hardware and software for business office computer systems.
- Electronic data interchange (Demographic/radiology report files, electronic insurance claims, paper claims, patient statements/letters, and collection accounts)
- Computer software liaison (Clearinghouse, print mail vendor, facilities, collection agency)
- Medical billing system support liaison (Problem solving, DLL and version upgrades)
- Coordinates billing arrangements for outside read agreements
- Supports Controller and COO as needed (special projects, statistical analysis, contract negotiations, fee schedule analysis)
- Researches, organizes, and resolves major issues with insurance carriers (Federal Programs – MIPS)
- Assists with physician credentialing in conjunction with Executive Assistant
- Manages collector Tickler
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years medical business office experience (i.e., medical collection and reimbursement experience) with two years as department manager or assistant department manager
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising and directing employees
- Coding certification (CPC) preferred
Coding certification (CPC) preferred
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org