Hello VA DC HFMA Chapter members!
It is an honor to serve as President of our Chapter for the 2018 – 2019 fiscal year. First, I would like to congratulate our immediate past President David Karluk on an outstanding year. Under David’s leadership the VADC Chapter won three Helen M. Yerger Awards:
- Innovation award for our Women-In- Leadership inaugural event.
- Improvement award for creating a robust Certification Committee.
- Education award for creating a model for onsite education and networking.
I look forward to continuing this great work and building upon our Chapter’s past successes. Some of our Chapter goals for the upcoming year include:
- Creating Standard Operating Procedures for planning educational events to enhance the consistency and quality of our events.
- Develop and define committee roles so that we can increase opportunities for members to serve.
- Adopt and convert to the National HFMA event planning platform.
- Develop and execute a plan to increase the Chapter’s financial stability.
These are challenging times for HFMA and healthcare professionals. That is why HFMA National Chair, Kevin Brennan’s theme of “Imagine Tomorrow” is so relevant and inspirational. To answer the challenges of today Kevin’s message is:
“We must ask ourselves how we and the teams with whom we work can build a better tomorrow. I believe the answer to that question lies in our ability-and our-willingness-to use our imagination and innovation to renew ourselves, inspire our teams, improve our organizations, and leave our communities and the world a much better place.”
I look forward to working with our Chapter leaders and committees and appreciate their hard work and dedication. We are a volunteer organization so our success depends on members getting involved. Please reach out to me or any Board member if you have an interest in building relationships, developing leadership skills, having fun, and serving your profession. I can assure you it will be hard work, but you will get back much more than you give.
Let’s all work together and contribute to making 2018-2019 a terrific year for the VA DC Chapter!
Phillip Graybeal, CPA