By Phillip Graybeal
Registration is now open for the 2017 VADC Spring Conference on March 15th thru 17th at the Hilton Richmond Hotel & Spa/Short Pump. The Board and Education Committee have been working hard planning the event. There is a packed agenda with outstanding speakers so hopefully you are planning to attend. If you are interested in getting more involved with the VADC Chapter and/or possibly joining a committee, then make 2017 the year you step up. You will find the networking, friendships and skills you develop to be well worth the time you invest.
Please take advantage of the following scholarships from our Chapter:
- Jay C. Ellis Memorial Scholarship Fund awards $1,000 to any high school senior to be used towards tuition. Preference will be given to offspring of the VADC Chapter.
- Randall Bledsoe Memorial Scholarship for Certification is available to VADC Chapter members of at least two years, full time employee of a provider, and currently employed at director level or below. Scholarship covers $350 for study guide, $395 cost of examination, and $350 for registration to a statewide conference.
- Robert H. Thomas Scholarship Fund provides $1,000 to VADC Chapter members to help offset the cost of pursuing continuing education. Appropriate education would be an advanced degree, a certification program, undergraduate courses, or other education that advances the applicant’s career.
These scholarships are underutilized by our members and the Board of Directors would love to honor the great individuals they represent each year by awarding these scholarships.
I also want to highlight our Provider Sponsorship Program. This gives providers a chance to support the VADC Chapter and obtain significant discounts on registration fees at our statewide meetings. There are three sponsorship levels:
- Diamond Sponsor $2,000 – gives ten (10) complimentary registrations valued at $3,500.
- Ruby Sponsor $1,000 – gives four (4) complimentary registrations valued at $1,400.
- Emerald Sponsor $500 – gives two (2) complimentary registrations valued at $700.
If you would like to join a committee, apply for a scholarship or become a provider sponsor you can go to the Chapter website www.vadchfma.org for more information. You can also contact any board member and they would be glad to help. I hope you take advantage of these programs and look forward to seeing you in Richmond in March!